Things to think about
Jesus had some important things to say about life but why should that bother me? There are loads of good teachers and perhaps Jesus is just one among many.
But Jesus claimed to be able to speak about God in a way that no one else can. Jesus claimed that he had some very important things for us to learn about God that you cannot learn anywhere else, and we explore these in more detail in the next section.
However, here are some things to get you thinking about the session you have just explored:
- What do you think Jesus meant by 'love your enemies'?
- What does not judging others mean?
- How easy is it to not judge others?
- Do you know of people who you cannot forgive?
- What does it mean to forgive someone?
Even those who have renounced Christianity and attack it, in their inmost being still follow the Christian ideal, for hitherto neither their subtlety nor the ardour of their hearts has been able to create a higher ideal of man and of virtue than the ideal given by Christ of old. -Fyodor Dostoyevsky